With the new year approaching, many people are declaring their resolutions. Why not commit to a better, healthier smile?
With the right preventive practices, you can have a stronger, shinier smile in 2018! Learn more from your dentist in Fort Worth in this week’s blog post.
Preventive Care is Important for Everyone
Keeping your regular dental appointments every six months dramatically improves overall health and dental health no matter how old you are. That’s why your dentist offers preventive services like dental exams and professional cleanings for children, teens, and adults alike.
During your regular visits, you can expect to receive a thorough dental exam that allows your dentist oral tissues, your head and neck, and inner workings of your mouth. This visual dental exam gives your dentist the opportunity to spot oral issues like tooth decay, gum disease, teeth grinding, and oral cancer that most patients wouldn’t notice without a trained eye.
Right after your dental exam, Dr. Miller will carefully clean the plaque and tartar buildup all throughout your mouth—especially in those hard to reach areas that you might miss. Although this isn’t many patients favorite part of their dental visit, this systematic cleaning will help lower your risk of developing gum disease, tooth decay, and other oral health concerns caused by plaque and tartar buildup.
Practice Better Preventive Care at Home in 2018
Along with the professional help of your dentist, you can also achieve a healthier smile with improved home care. Here are a few helpful dental tips to make those improvements.
- Be sure to brush your teeth twice a day to remove bacteria from the mouth after a full night of sleep (in the morning) and after a long day, especially if you’ve been snacking throughout the day.
- Make sure you’re brushing your teeth for at least two minutes per session. This is something that many people fail at, but it’s the best way to make sure that you clean every inch of your mouth.
- Don’t forget to brush your tongue. Many people don’t know that your tongue harbors over half the bacteria in your mouth!
- Whatever you do, don’t skip out on flossing your teeth at least once a day!
- Add an antimicrobial mouthwash to your dental hygiene routine to help ward off dental diseases.
A healthy, strong smile starts with great preventive care. Each time you visit your dentist, your local oral health team will develop your personalized dental treatment plan and help improve your home care with helpful advice. When was your last dental visit?
About Our Office
Here at Hulen Dental, we tell patients all the time that prevention is much better than restoration. Preventive care not only keeps the smile gorgeous and durable over the years, but it saves patients time and money! Rather than having to go back and spend your time and money on restoring a damaged smile, work with your dentist now to keep your smile strong. Contact us today to schedule your new year appointment.